THE TIME TO BUY AMERICAN PLASTIC IS NOW
For the first time in many decades, pricing and quality are both on the side of domestic USA-produced plastic manufactured products.
As the lingering global effects of Covid-19 are still in full swing, American-made plastic manufacturing products are not only the highest quality products available to you but are now the least expensive as well. For decades in the plastics industry, relatively low international shipping costs swayed consumers toward purchasing cheaper Chinese plastic manufacturing products. Despite the known inferiority of Chinese-made plastic products, one-size-fits-all plastic goods made with inferior quality materials lured consumers with low prices.
Given the nature of these times, we’d like to take a moment to discuss with you why these shifts are occurring and invite you to consider the benefits of purchasing your plastic products domestically.
WHAT IS DRIVING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING COSTS?
Overloaded international dockyards play a major role in supply chain difficulties and rising international shipping costs.
One of the most significant reasons that internationally produced plastic pieces have seen a dramatic spike in price are increased international shipping costs. Stimulus money, both personal and for businesses, has increased spending and demand for products. The increased spending, combined with continuing human resource shortages worldwide, have created numerous global supply chain issues. These issues have resulted in fewer workers to meet the manufacturing demand and fewer shipping professionals to move the products. These two factors have combined, resulting in overloaded shipping docks around the world. As a result, there is no way to move the product at a reasonable pace or a reasonable price.
Another reason for shipping cost increases is due to oil prices skyrocketing! No doubt if you’ve visited your local gas station in recent months, you’ve noticed the change. These price increases affect not only product movement domestically but international shipping costs as well.
As a result of increased international shipping issues, lead times for the receipts of goods purchased internationally have gone from 7-10 days before the pandemic to 6-7 weeks post-pandemic. Plastic manufacturing in China has dramatically decreased due to worker shortages, raw material shortages, and companies scaling back or shutting their doors permanently due to Covid-19. Container shipping costs from China are now a staggering 4-5 times higher than early 2020 pricing. There is no current end in sight for these post-pandemic realities. For more on the current state of shipping costs, click to view a helpful article from Bloomberg.
WE’RE READY TO HELP GET YOUR SUPPLY CHAIN FLOWING AGAIN
Superior quality USA-Made materials on the floor at Traco Manufacturing
For our domestic customers, this situation is a unique opportunity! It has long been acknowledged that domestically produced products are far superior in quality to products of Chinese origin. Often Chinese products are made with far inferior materials. Due to a lack of quality control and low-quality construction, they do not last. More often than not, shopping internationally was attractive due to the cheaper price point at the product’s expense of quality and longevity.
Post pandemic, there has been a dramatic shift in the manufacturing industry. For the first time in decades, pricing and quality are both on the domestic production side. As a result, there is now every reason to shop for large purchase items such as retail displays, safety equipment, signage, PPE (personal protection equipment), virus protection, and all other plastic manufactured goods in the USA.
We can give you a long list of reasons to make Traco Manufacturing your one-stop shop for all plastic goods.
- No more one-size-fits-all! We work with you to give you the exact piece that you need. We will make sure that you get the perfect plastic product.
- Our customer service is second to none! From start to finish and for the life of your product, we are always here to help.
- We deliver unparalleled quality in our products. When you want a product that not only meets your needs but is also built to last, there’s no need to go anywhere else.
- Ease of ordering. With over 75 years of experience in the plastics manufacturing industry, we know how to help our clients get exactly what they need and maintain a hassle-free ordering experience.
- Lead times for domestic plastic manufacturing have not been affected as much as our international counterparts.
- Shipping costs and purchase costs domestically are cheaper than international costs!
- Another issue that has arisen post-pandemic is a shortage in raw materials and resins of some chemically engineered forms of plastic. UHMW is an example of this. When the pandemic began, UHMW production scaled way back. Due to worker layoff and need decreases, production of this particular material ground to a halt. As a result of this post-pandemic, there is a worldwide shortage of this material and not enough resin to make a quick increase in production possible. At Traco manufacturing, we pride ourselves on the best sourcing of materials to fit your needs. For our consumers, we keep a close eye on raw material supply and pricing.
- We can answer any of your plastic-related questions. Our customers need to know and trust that we have solutions to their post-pandemic plastic-related questions.
- Here at Traco, we believe in being environmentally conscious. See our blog on our green initiatives and the steps we take to protect the environment.
There is no doubt that plastic manufacturing has changed in the Post Covid-19 era due to rising international shipping costs. Let us show you what makes Traco Manufacturing the best in the business! Contact us today.